Effect of Gamma Radiation on Characteristic of bipolar junction Transistors (BJTs )
This paper describes the effects of 60Cogamma radiation hardness of characteristic and parameters of Bipolar Junction Transistors in order to analyze the performance changes of the individual devices used in nuclear field. Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) of the type (BC-301) (npn) silicon, Transistor was irradiated by gamma radiation using 60Cosource at different doses (1, 2, 3, 4, and 5) KGy. The characteristics and parameter of Bipolar Junction Transistor was studied before and after irradiated by using Transistor Characteristics Apparatus with regulated power supplies. Obtained result showed that, the saturation voltage VCE(sat) of Bipolar Junction Transistor decreased because of the gain degradation of the transistor and increased silicon resistivity, Another parameter of a bipolar junction transistor affected by ionizing radiation is a collector-base leakage current, a strong increase of the current is caused by the build-up charge near the junction.
- Adams L. A Holmes- siedle, ( 2004). Handbook of Radiation Effects . Oxford Univercity press.
- Aktas O. , A.Kuliev, (2004).60Co gamma radiation effects on DC,RF, and Pulsed I-V characteristics of ALGa/GaN HEMTs, Solid –state Electronics, Urbaba IL USA, 48.
- Barboottin G. and A Vapaille ( 1999).lnstabuhties in silicom , new lnsulators , Device and Radiation Effects , Effects Elsevier.
- Burke, R.S, James; 1996. Fenichell Plastic: The Making of a Synthetic Century, HarperCollins, New York.
- Chmielewski, A.G., Haji-Saeid, M. (2004). Radiation technologies: Past, present and future, Radiation. Phys. Chem. 71, 17–21.
- Dariusz, G. (Ed.) (2013). Industrial application of radioisotopes, AkademiaiKiado, Budapest, Hungary.
- Devine R.A.B.. (1994). The strctute of Sio2 , its defects and radication hardness . IEEE transaction on Nucler Science , 41 (3) 452 459.
- Fairand B.P (2002)., Radiation sterilization for health care products –X ray, gamma and electron beam, CRC Press, New York
- Fleetwood D . M (2005). Emerging issues for total ionizing dose effects on microelectronics . New challenges for Radiation Tolerance Assessment , RADECS.
- Giustino F . ( 2001). Radiation Effects on Semiconductor Devices, Study of the Enhanced Low Dose Degradation . (PHD thesis ).
- JorioA. , A . zounoubi , Z . Elachheb , C . Carlone , and s S . M . Khan (1998) . Displacement damages created by particules radiation in n type Ga As . M . J . of Condensed Matter , 2 (1).
- Lee C.M.,S.P.Chang, S.J. Chang and C.I.Wu. 2012. High-efficiency Si Solar Cell fabricated by ion implantation and backside rounding process", International
Journal of photo-energy, Article ID 67098.
- Maessenger G . and M . Ash 1986 . The Effects of Radiation on Electronic Systems . Van NostrandReinhols Company Lnc.
- Tal C.H., Lin C.H.,Wang and C.C.Lin 2011. Three- terminal amorphous Si Solar cells", International Journal of photo-energy,ArticleID 813093.
- VitusevichSA,KleinN,Belyaev AE, 2003. Effects of gamma irradiation on ALGa N/GaN-based HEMTs. Phy Status Solid, 195 (1).
- Wrobel F. (2005). Fundamental s of Radiation - Mater interaction. New Challenges for Radiational Tolerance Assesment , RAdECS.