Biodiversity and Classification of Plant Communities of Sabaloka area-central Sudan
The study was carried out during the period 2016 – 2018, through several extensive and intensive field trips that covered deferent habitats (Wadis & River Nile banks) of Sabaloga area central Sudan. The study dealt with Analysis of plant communities which include species diversity and classification of plants communities by Cluster Analysis (CA).
The species diversity in Wadis for trees and shrubs was lower than the diversity of herbs , while it was higher in River Nile Banks for both trees and herbs.
The study shown that the study area was included seven plant communities located in two sites. Site 1 was represented by six Wadis which included six plant communities. Site 2 was represented by River Nile Banks which included one plant community (Community 7).
- Abdalla. A S. Mohammed ,and Elkhalifa .F. Kamal 2010 Tree and Shrub Species at Lower Atbara River Basin, Northeastern Sudan. World Food System A Contribution from Europe .
- Abdelkreem , Magda Ishag Mohammed and Ibrahim, Dafaalla Ali 2016 Check list of Flora and vegetation of an archeological habitat in North Sudan. Pyrex Journal of Biodiversity and Conservation, http://www.pyrexjournals.org/pjbc ISSN: 2985-8844
- Barbour, M.G.,Burk, G.H, and Pitts ,W.D. 1987.Terrestrial Plant Ecology.Benjamin / Cummings Publishing Compony, Inc. California.
- Chahouki , Mohammad Ali Zare 2012. Classification and Ordination Methods as a Tool for Analyzing of Plant Communities http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/54101.
- Darbyshire, Lain. , Kordofani , Maha . , Farag, Imadeldin . , Candiga,Ruba And Pickering , Helen 2015. The Plants Of Sudan And South Sudan, Kew &Unvesity Of Chicago Press ISBN978-184264-473-1
- El Amin, H. M. 1990. Trees and shrubs of the Sudan. Ithaca Press. Exeter. London.
- Elsafori ,A.K, Gumma A.N., and E Nour, M.A. Contribution to the flora of Um Rimmitta area , White Nile State , Sudan 2012 , Agric. Biol. J. N. Am., 2012 , 3(10): 427 434
- Kent. M. and Coker, P. 1992 . Vegetation Description And Analysis. Belhaven Press, London.